3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Detroit Tru Trac and Motive 4.10's

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick aka airram had a guy in Texas that did installs for people when they bought gears from him. I'm sure someone on here can give you a good shop nearby b/c there are plenty of modded rams in Texas. Good luck, I feel your pain b/c I had to go through several installs and a few shops myself. It costs me more than it should have and was a big PITA, hope it goes smoother for you.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:49 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a metal like silvery paint for oil.....then your gears/LSD are shot!

Sorry, but these jerks haven't a clue and I believe that now you unfortunately realise that too.

Take plenty of pictures with dates and times on them and threten them with lawyers if they don't stump up the money for a reputable shop to do it.
Don't even let them atempt a repair

If they stand by their work and their mechanics......force them to do so.

If you can't get a lawyer etc......bite the bullet and get a reputable shop to try to sort this mess out.....then re-approach these jokers and get them to stump up all if not some of the costs.

So sorry about all of your troubles over this.

Al.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:22 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Buy yourslef new gears. Go to another shop...a reputable one and have them inspect and measure all the specs that the crappy mechanic said was "good". Take pics of the fluid and keep the gears and recipet of the new mechanic saying that they were improperly installed. Have the reputable shop install the new gears and new bearings. Once everything sis finalized, go fill out some small claims papers and you will get your money back as long as the new mechanic fills out a statement na dhas it notarized of the improper install. have all of your reciepts that you went back to those boneheads more than once as well.
This is the proper way to go about it.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Detroit Tru Trac and Motive 4.10's