3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 1500 ram sxt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Customcowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 1500 ram sxt?

So i just picked up a SXT, and i cant seem to find any information on an 07 SXT, it seems like that trim package doesnt even exist? anyone know whats the deal with that? mine has the sxt stickers on it, 4x4, 4.7magnum, i think 5 speed automatic, 4door short bed, has a the tow package but for some reason the electric brake control for the trailer, the wireing isnt complete under the dash but i have the plug just need to add it a little weird it wasnt already on there.

anyways the real question is how can i change the throttle response and the shifting points? i had an 08 1500ram SLT lonestar, and that truck shifted really nicely and the throttle wasnt nearly as sensitive but it was 2wheel drive and i wanted the 4wheel. anyways i will be cruising down the road and my truck with just downshift when i slow just a couple mph, and when i used cruise control on my 08 on my route to work it never had to downshift goining over the hills at 65-70, but my 07 downshifts basically the moment i hit the bottom of the hill. both have same engine and what not, same tire sizes and if anything the 07 has 30s while the 08 had 31s. but it just seems odd how sensitive and how often it will downshift. i dont know if it can be fixed or thats just how its going to be but all this down shifting cant be great for the transmission. thanks all

Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 PM
socket462
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There sure was an SXT that year- Here is the 2007 Dodge Ram brochure that may help.
http://www.4shared.com/document/8mfZ7lU4/pdf_9935.html

I don't think they were very common- but Dodge did make them.

As far as your shifting goes- I will have to pass for the next reply as I don't have too much knowledge there. Although I do believe some programmers (Diablo, Superchips?) can possibly help.

Socket462

Quick Reply: 2007 1500 ram sxt?