3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

How To: Front LED Turn Signal Install - 3G Rams

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 PM
vipergt69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO
I'm sure it will help. If you need help finding one, I can link you to the site I got mine from.

Do you know how to wire the resistor into the taillight of a 2002 dodge ram 1500? They have the circuit board type bulb setup. I know the resistor has to be wired to a hot and neg wire but do you have to disassemble the plastic circuit board thing to do so or do I just wire the resistor into the wires that go into the board?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Outstanding write-up with excellent photo-documentation.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:44 PM
minesmith67

Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO
I'm sure it will help. If you need help finding one, I can link you to the site I got mine from.
Please please post that I need to wire in my led bulbs into my 05 with the circuit board style

Old 07-28-2019, 02:46 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by minesmith67
Please please post that I need to wire in my led bulbs into my 05 with the circuit board style
That guy hasn't been logged on in over 3 years. You have 3 posts on the same topic, Why not start learning about electricity so you can figure out what to do. The truck expects to see the same resistance as a regular bulb. The LED has much less resistance. Everything you've been told is to wire the resistor in front of the alternating signal to ground. You don't worry about the bulb connection, you focus on the source wires. You can look up the colors in the factory service manual, or you can probe the wires like they show in you this video:

Old 07-28-2019, 03:33 PM
minesmith67

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
That guy hasn't been logged on in over 3 years. You have 3 posts on the same topic, Why not start learning about electricity so you can figure out what to do. The truck expects to see the same resistance as a regular bulb. The LED has much less resistance. Everything you've been told is to wire the resistor in front of the alternating signal to ground. You don't worry about the bulb connection, you focus on the source wires. You can look up the colors in the factory service manual, or you can probe the wires like they show in you this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADKjG3Z2L5w

I have done that. I have tried different configurations and everything I am just trying to find someone who has done this and can tell me how they did it.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:01 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by minesmith67
I have done that. I have tried different configurations and everything I am just trying to find someone who has done this and can tell me how they did it.
All you do is say what you're doing doesn't work, but you don't say what you've actually tried. Do you have a test lamp?

Here is one you can buy cheap:
https://www.harborfreight.com/612v-c...IaAqjYEALw_wcB

There is only ONE configuration that will work. Turn the 4 ways on, clip your test lamp on a good ground. Turn on your flashers. Probe each wire with the pin end, see which one starts flashing your test lamp. THAT is the signal wire. Splice into it with one end of the resistor and the continuation of the signal wire. Now take the other side of the resistor goes to ground.

Quick Reply: How To: Front LED Turn Signal Install - 3G Rams