3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm stumped, but I bet you can help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:46 AM
neevster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm stumped, but I bet you can help.

Hey fellas, I'm new here and hope someone can give me some advice. I've had a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 since the day I drove it off the lot brand new. I love this truck and have been able to fix any of the minor problems that have arisen the past 7 years. I can't figure this one out though: My rear driver side tail light is acting screwy. It had the fast blink and the brake and reverse lights on that side don't work. The bulbs are good, so I replaced the circuit board. This solved the fast blink, but the brake and reverse lights are still out. Everything else works though. What is going on? I'm supposed to drive across the state today and hope to get this fixed before I get a ticket. Thanks in advance. I hope to learn enough to actually contribute here someday.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. If it were me I would get some one to press and hold the brake while I took my volt meter and tested for voltage in the circuit board sockets that the bulbs plug into so i would know if i have voltage there or not. One I have determined that, then i would look into the service manuals that are linked in my signature below and look at the wiring diagrams and trace backwards to see what could be preventing voltage

Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
neevster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Weedahoe. I'll enlist my wife as the brake stomper.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

No prob. Let us know what you find and how it works out for you

Quick Reply: I'm stumped, but I bet you can help.