3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

E-Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Lecrict
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow E-Brake Problems

Anyone had problems with the emergency break sticking? I get it just about every day now. When I back up just a few feet, and then go forward, I get the sound of break rubbing in the back. I just replaced the regular breaks front and back (pads and rotors, BreakMotive on eBay) So I am sure they are in great shape.
I've even tried applying the e-break a few times and then releasing it.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 PM
bradp337

I had the same problem on my 06. The emergency brake material actually came off from the metal backing and was causing one of the rear wheels to lock up. Had to replace it. Cheap fix. $40

Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Lecrict
Professional

I pulled apart the back back brakes last weekend. And I looks like the E-brake has been rubbing a bit. I retracted the adjustment to min, and cleaned an lubed it up. So far there has only been one brief moment of hearing the rubbing sound. But I still got to get behind there with a brake adjustment tool and tighten them and adjust, since I have no parking brake, the pedal goes to the floor

Quick Reply: E-Brake Problems