3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

thinking about getting exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:56 AM
03ramboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about getting exhaust system

I'm thinking about getting a new exhaust system for my 3.7 I'm thinking about getting a flowmaster super 40 with duals. Saw the same truck with the same setup on YouTube and sounded nice. Is it worth it?

Old 12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
zencyl
Professional

I have that setup on my 3.7. A little advice, if you go out in the woods alot dont go with the pipes that come out at an angle to the corner of the bumper, get the straight back ones. I ripped off one of my tips and bent the whole pipe out on the lease when i had the pipes that came out at an angle.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

No offense, but for a 3.7 I wouldnt do anything other than change out the muffler

Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 AM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

my cousin has a dakota with the 3.7 with the super 40s, im not much for the sound of a v6 but it sounded pritty good at low RPM. at ideal and low RPM it has a REALLY deep mean sound that sounds really good but once you hit the upper RPMs it goin to get really high pitched like a little rice burner car, but thats just the sound that the 3.7 makes not matter what muffler you put on it. so imo even though i hate the sound of a v6 i would have to say that the super 40 is they way to go.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

One of my co workers have a 3.7. I was at work and pulled my muffler off, knowing that I was going to buy and have my Magnaflow installed, he did too. His truck sounded like either a pissed off bumble bee or a crop duster, i havent decided which yet. He ended up putting a Thrush glass pack on his, and left all the factory piping, just swapped the muffler for the Thrush. It sounds exactly the same as it did with no muffler.

I have nothing against 6 cylinder engines, I just dont think there is much that can be done to them to get them to sound good.

Quick Reply: thinking about getting exhaust system