3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

EGR Valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:50 AM
RIDEaCANYON
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR Valve

Anyone else have to replace their EGR valve yet? My went in the shop yesterday for it and they had to order a part in from out of state, leading me to believe that this is a common replacement, well that and my father with the identical truck (except he runs 20's and has fiberglass bed cover, I like to call his the "MTV Cribs" Hemi) had his replaced last month. Just turned 40k on mine and dad has around 25k I think. Just wondering.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:21 AM
mill500
Veteran
Default RE: EGR Valve

I've got 22k on mine with nothing, but I also have a motorhome with a Chev 454 that I got a Check Engine light and it turned up a bad EGR valve and it only had about 20k on it. $178 for the valve itself...not too tough to replace yourself, though. Seems sporadic, but not limited to Dodge's.

I'd assume that yours should either be considered drivetrain or emissions and still under warranty.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the first I can recall hearing of it. They may not be stocking the part because it is not a common replacement too.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:15 PM
RIDEaCANYON

Service manager at my dealer actually told me they have been replacing a lot of the EGR valves not only at my dealership but in the area, that is why they had to go so far to get one. I actually have 40k on my Hemi now so the valve wasn't under warranty (even though I still have my 7/70k drive train warranty). Oh well, $43 part and $60 labor, but I got my truck back that day and been "making more Dodge commercials" again the past two days. I will have to get some pics on here of just how nasty some of the areas I get into on a daily basis, tomorrow should be a good day for it considering mother nature is dumping a hard steady rain on us today and forcing me to spend some quality time in the office. Other than this valve and the 4 center caps I have gone thru already there's nothing but love from this guy for my Hemi.

"you're about to find out!!"

Old 06-17-2005, 03:51 AM
hmipwrd
Rookie

i have a check engine (code p0406) on dodgeram.info/tsb/ and found theres a TSB for the EGR valve when its replaced the computer must flashed and updated. did they flash the computer in your truck, or just replace the EGR and call it good. just curious

Quick Reply: EGR Valve