3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New ram owner with pics and questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 05:34 PM
ACTF_ZETT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ram owner with pics and questions!

Hey everyone. I just bought a 2004 Dodge Ram (slightly used)! Thank god, Ive only wanted one for the past 10 or so years. Anyways here are 3 pictures. I know a lot of people dont like the spolier, but I do so spare the rice burner comments. When it comes down to it, its a HEMI.

Anyways, I have some questions for you all.

1. Do all of you HEMI owners run 89 octane. I have filled up twice already with 89, just wondering if that is what you are all running.

2. What gas is the best or worst for the Ram. Like I know when we put Dominicks gas into our van, it seems to run like crap. I have filled it up with BP so far, never given me any problems.

3. What do you all suggest for washing. I run it so far through touchless washes only. Any bad experiences or things I should know about?

4. What is the best product to use on the wheels?

5. I have to park my HEMI outside because I do not have a garage. I just graduated from college and do not have my own place yet. What is the best wax to use for 24 hour outdoor exposure? How often should I wax? Any of you Ram owners seeing rust in any spots that I should pay extra attention to?

6. Lastly, for now, any suggestions for my ram? Tell me what I should know.

Thanks!

Old 06-11-2005, 06:27 PM
05hemi
Rookie
Default RE: New ram owner with pics and questions!

Well, I must say that is the first time that I have ever seen a spoiler on a 4x4, but who am I to judge.
As for the washing you should be fine in the drive through places. I use a drive through hand car wash, and I haven't had any problems yet. However, there is always a certain amount of risk. On the gas issue, I'm using 87 octane from Chevron. So far so good. I have the polished wheels on mine and I just use water, of course I do wipe them down frequently. As for knowledge of the truck and after market modifications... just check out the forum. There is a plethera of information here.

Old 06-11-2005, 06:34 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Do all of you HEMI owners run 89 octane. I have filled up twice already with 89, just wondering if that is what you are all running.
I run at least 89 as recommended by the owners manual. It will run on 87, but 89 is optimal.
2. What gas is the best or worst for the Ram. Like I know when we put Dominicks gas into our van, it seems to run like crap. I have filled it up with BP so far, never given me any problems. Not all gas is created equal, or so it seems. The Hemi really seems picky when it comes to gas quality.
3. What do you all suggest for washing. I run it so far through touchless washes only. Any bad experiences or things I should know about? BY hand only.

4. What is the best product to use on the wheels? Soap and water.

5. I have to park my HEMI outside because I do not have a garage. I just graduated from college and do not have my own place yet. What is the best wax to use for 24 hour outdoor exposure? How often should I wax? Any of you Ram owners seeing rust in any spots that I should pay extra attention to? My truck sits out the majority of the time. I haven't seen any rust. On of the site sponsor of Dodge Forum is a car detail supply place. Might want to check with them and tell them you saw it here. Here's a link
http://www.adamspolishes.com/

6. Lastly, for now, any suggestions for my ram? Tell me what I should know. If it was mine, I'd lose that wing. That's just me though.

Thanks!

Old 06-11-2005, 08:45 PM
4x4 toy

dude ditch the wing it is a 4x4 truck, also throw some kind of muffler on there I got flowmasters they sound really good

Old 06-12-2005, 04:26 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

ditch the wing, add sound system,

oh and wtf is that thing on the front of the grill on top.. it look like. air buffer thing off a f-16 crossin the sound barrier..

some little tips from a hemi owner,

the exhaust tip is TOO Low.. if you see on yours and compare it to mine.. your tip hangs low.. id suggest get exhaust and get like about ... middle fingers thickeness worth of space from the edges of the body kit to the tip.. i guess i just like it smooth and snug in..

[IMG]local://upfiles/7734/A175A2F54B24454B8BEB25D3E5BFFBBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-13-2005, 01:48 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the color, but i'd ditch the wing, just a lil too much, even for a wing. I run 87 octane, I haven't heard of any mileage or HP increases by running 89. Soap and water on the rims, maybe windex? I try to only run higher end gas, like BP or Shell, none of that ma and pa's gas outlet stuff. The cheaper the gas, means the more alcohol they cut it with.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:18 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

Lose the hideous wing.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:04 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

srt-10 spoiler is barly acceptable.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:04 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

I love the wing...not really.
It looks G A Y. That's just my...humble opinion.

The first thing you need to do is lift it, get some nice big lug 35" tires, lock the front and rear and then bury it in the mud.

You asked.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:17 PM
rob_net
Rookie

I'd lose that wing. That's just me though.

it's a 4x4 men, just have fun

rob

Quick Reply: New ram owner with pics and questions!