3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fog light help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
04Hemi1500
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just installed the mopar kit with the factory switch and jumper harness as mine was wired to the left wheel well as well. Plugged in my new switch plugged in one fog light and it worked so i continued with the install. mine is an 04 as well. let us know

Old 12-31-2010, 04:05 PM
rideon20z
Veteran

Guys !! it was plug and play!! got it all togeather and installed the switch and it all worked !! i got the whole mopar kit for 125.00 from a dealer in nebraska ! i think that was worth it , i did Hammer's DIY HI beam jumper wire, but now i see that whenever i turn on the parking lights the fog lights come on no matter if i pull the button or not , is that normal hammer ? thanks guys and i guess i got lucky no shop charge !! talk to you all soon have a great and safe new year !!!

Old 12-31-2010, 04:15 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I think they come on when you do the parking lights because the button remembers if you had your fog lights on or not. If you turn on your parking lights and push the **** in, you'll turn off the foglights. This way, the next time you turn on your parking lights, the fogs won't be on.
If you leave your fogs on when you shut off the parking lights, they will turn on automatically once you turn the parking lights on again.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:41 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I think 'dog is right, because my fogs didn't come on with my parking lights. Can't test it as I pulled my wire when I installed my off-road lights as I have the relay wired to the fogs so I didn't have to mess with a separate switch.
I got a buddy who is head mechanic at what used to be a Jeep dealership that got axed after 38 years in the recent down-sizing. He has promised to hook up the StarScan and change the setting for Fogs w/Highs for me, but the last time I went down there we got to jawing about engines and sh*t and we forgot all about it.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:14 PM
rideon20z
Veteran

ok cool thanks dog i will have to try that and see what happens, im not to worried about it was just checking ! but i will check it out and see how it works, thanks again guys

Old 12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Kscha41
Professional

I have to pull the switch to turn the fogs on anytime I want to run them with the parking. When I turn off my lights, the switch automatically goes back in, so the next time I turn the lights on, I have to pull the switch again.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Bent
Veteran

The jumper mod uses the park light relay circuit to ground the fogs.
(Factory switches the fogs on and off by completing the foglight circuit to ground - they switch the ground, rather than switching the hot).
if you want to be able to control your fogs independently of the park lights, then open and fuse this jumper, and bring it out to a switch in the cab, then back to the dist center.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:31 PM
rideon20z
Veteran

thanks bent i understand that !! so now i have to figure out if i want hi and fog lights or just undo the jumper wire and make it like factory ?

Quick Reply: fog light help