3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New 3.7 ran before radiator was installed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:26 AM
bevoe
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 3.7 ran before radiator was installed.

Hey Everyone,

Really need heip on this one. After installing the new rebuilt 3.7 into the 2003 1500. and putting it all back together. ( we left the fan and radiator off, so we can have some room to work on it) The 3.7 fired up and ran great and real smooth for about 5 to 10 seconds before shutting it down. We then finished putting the fan on and installing the radiator with coolant. and, it hasn't fired since then. It just spins over.
Does anyone out there have any wild idea what we could have done wrong? Are an idea that we can use to get it running?

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:26 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Check and recheck all the electrical connections and grounds from PCM, block and heads to ground or frame

Old 12-31-2010, 08:34 AM
bevoe
Amateur

It's running. At last! We did everything you suggested weedahoe. Still don't know what we did. While my brother and I was talking about what to do next, we heard the truck start and run. we ran out and found my daughter leaning over the under the hood. When questioned, all she said was, she saw this plug and unpluged it. Then she tried it and it fired up. When we pluged it back in, the engine died. Unplug it and it starts. It was the MAP Sensor. Put a new one in, and it purr's like a kitten.
Again, thanks for all your help weedahoe. With your help, I think I have the best grounded truck in the country.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:20 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Ordinarily any other time a woman touches a "vehicle in progress" it's nightmarish, but I'm glad it worked out for ya! ;-)

Old 12-31-2010, 08:55 PM
bevoe
Amateur

Thanks. We're happy.

Quick Reply: New 3.7 ran before radiator was installed.