3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'08 4.7 Engine/Trans computer wiring diagrams w/ bonus 4x4 question!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Team140
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 4.7 Engine/Trans computer wiring diagrams w/ bonus 4x4 question!

Hi all,

I've got a 2008 Ram with the 4.7 and 5 speed auto. The engine and trans are coming out to be swapped into a '95 Jeep Wrangler.

I can handle all of the fabrication needed to get it to physically mount up, but my primary question is - where can I find wiring diagrams for the engine and trans? I plan on pulling the harness with the engine/trans, but I need to know the details of things such as the location of the reverse light switch, the Tow/Haul switch, the key immobilizer, etc. Is there an immobilizer disabler available? That would make the swap a touch easier.

The bonus 4x4 question: I've swapped many a 2WD drivetrain (Ford V8s in place of sixes, American V8s into foreign cars, etc) but I've never swapped a 4WD and they have this magical box called a transfer case to contend with. Is it just as simple as removing the tailshaft housing of the 545RFE, installing a transfer case adapter (NP231) and it's good?

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Wiring diagrams...weedahoe has all links to those in his sig. Look at the stickied HID post and he is in there.

2wd is way different than 4wd so mounting issue's are much more common. I have no clue about adapters...etc but I think it's gonna be a bit harder than you realize.
I think you need to post up the specific fitment questions in the Jeep section and only talk about Ram specifics in here such as wiring, location of items. This isn't the place to discuss a full powertrain swap into a Jeep.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to answer your transmission question: the transmission in a 2wd and 4wd are exactly the same. 2wd has a tail piece, and 4wd has a transfer case. so yes, it is as simple as removing the tail piece and putting in a compatible transfer case. if you use an OEM dodge/chrysler transfer case no adapter is needed.

Quick Reply: '08 4.7 Engine/Trans computer wiring diagrams w/ bonus 4x4 question!