3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'05 RAM w/HEMI ; TRANS- CODES...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, lots of bad trans threads today.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 AM
zach raulie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forwarded that information on the TSB to the shop. Owner also said that all codes are pointing them to low line pressure. They are getting into it now with focus on the pressure control solenoid.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Be sure to let us know how it goes and what your resolution is.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
zach raulie

pressure control solenoid replaced. Owner says this cured 90% of the codes, BUT engine is still stalling and has a rough shift going into 1st. From his experience he says there is a 'spring' in or near the torque converter that needs to be replaced and he recommends that i have them or someone go into the transmission to inspect, fix, replace.........

I asked him again about the TSB with the cooler return filter and he said that the codes present do not point to that at all, i would love to argue with this guy, but i'm not fully versed to hold my own.

He said eventually the torq converter will lock up, so the trans needs to be internally inspected.

Any words of wisdom out there?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
zach raulie

man this is getting fun now:
$2600+tax. rebuilds everything, new torq converter, updating everything, clutches gaskets, seals....too much stuff for me to write down....and a lovely 1yr or 12,000mi warranty! yippee!
i'm sure someone can do this cheaper and that isn't the point....

i just want to know that i'm doing the right thing by having this done.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Dunno207
Professional

I had the same issue on my truck with the godes for the ratios in reverse and 1st gear being off. Also had the same idleing issues but only when it was cold, like yours did. Question. When you brought it in did they drop the pan on it and look inside? The shop I took my truck to said to go elsewhere at first that it wasnt transmission related. But I told them I needed it serviced anyway so when they dropped the pan there were metal shavings and it was my tourqe converter causing them, which would explain the ratios being off, correct me if im wrong. And ever since they put the new torque converter on and did a rebuild for my warranty it hasn't done it since.

So what there saying may be correct also $2400 isnt so bad I had to pay $3000+ but came with a 3yr warranty. But idk what kind of transmission you have in your truck but dodge quoted me upwards of $4500 for a new one not including intalling it.

Last edited by Dunno207; 01-05-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
zach raulie

well, truck is complete and he said it is all new! time will tell. i'll get the rap sheet on what all he did and found.
thanks
zach

Quick Reply: '05 RAM w/HEMI ; TRANS- CODES...HELP!!