3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2500 Ram Mirror Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:54 PM
cbauer15
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes my problem was the swivel nothing electrical but I did get it apart and back to gather luckilly. If it's under warranty I would take it in if not do it yourself

Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cbauer15
Yes my problem was the swivel nothing electrical but I did get it apart and back to gather luckilly. If it's under warranty I would take it in if not do it yourself

What was wrong with your swivel? Thats where my issue is. It will not lock into the normal position (the swinging portion is roughly a half inch or so higher than it should be) and it will literally move back from the wind resistance while driving down the road. It gets old after a while.

I cannot figure out how to get it back "down" where it should be, so I would like to take it all apart and see if it is serviceable or junk... but I cant figure out how to get it all apart. I can get the glass off, but thats about it.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 AM
cbauer15
Rookie

Well I took some of it apart and couldn't figure out what the heck could be wrong. I had bought my from a dealer on eBay so I just put it back together and sent it back for a replacement. The dealer said that a spring had popped out of place and that's why there was nothing holding it down in it's socket. Did you get yours aftermarket?

Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
cbauer15
Rookie

Can you rotate it toward the hood in a wierd way too?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Well I took some of it apart and couldn't figure out what the heck could be wrong. I had bought my from a dealer on eBay so I just put it back together and sent it back for a replacement. The dealer said that a spring had popped out of place and that's why there was nothing holding it down in it's socket. Did you get yours aftermarket?
Can you rotate it toward the hood in a wierd way too?

I dont think they are aftermarket... but I bought the truck used. Its a big horn 2500, so I'm guessing they came on it, but I dont know.

I can rotate the mirror completely forward and backward. But yeah, theres something wrong with the ball/spring thing I think. I can push the top portion of the mirror (that swings) down where it should be (with some force), but it wont stay... just pops right back up.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:36 AM
cbauer15
Rookie

Yah that's the same away mine and I couldn't firgure how to fix so I guess I would take it to the dealer and have them check it out and hope you don't need a new mirror cause they're really expensive as you probably already know!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The Tow mirrors can be had on online for $300. Don't pay retail at the dealer.
if there's no warranty, you'll end up paying $100 plus an hour install on the glass. That's $200 for one side to fix your used mirror. That is the cheapest possible solution. If you can't fix it yourself, get some new one's online. Very easy to take the door panel off and mount the entire units.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
HouseApe
Professional

Go to http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98...d-2nd-gen.html for a how to on the mirror base.

Also you can get the mirror from www.discountautomirrors.com for $105 each shipped

Drivers p/n DG44EL
Passenger p/n DG44ER

I ordered a set for a Gen 2 and they looked 100% OEM just did not have the heat symbol on the glass.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HouseApe
Go to http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98...d-2nd-gen.html for a how to on the mirror base.

Thats it! Thank you sir!

Quick Reply: 2500 Ram Mirror Issues