3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where's the under-dash plug for elec. brake controller?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Avanti
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the under-dash plug for elec. brake controller?

I'm ordering a Teconsha Prodigy controller which I plan on mounting in what is a bare panel to the lower left of my dash and read my new Ram Owner's Manual (p. 287) that says for Ram's equipped with the towing package (which I have) the connector is "...under the instrument panel, located to the left of the brake pedal..."

Well, there's really not much under there, compared to most cars, but I couldn't find an obvious "4-way" hook-up. Duh!!!

There is an electrical box with a plunger activated by the brake which seems to me be the sensible location, but no obvious socket. Now, there is also a cover (with a little black thingee to the rear of the truck) on the left side of this flimsy box that really didn't want to come off. I'd think the plug-in might be in there, but didn't want to force it after prying loose the three bottom tabs and it not releasing, unless I'm sure that's what I need to do.

Any help?

Many thanks in advance.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:30 AM
my05_hemi
Amateur
Default RE: Where's the under-dash plug for elec. brake controller?

On my 05 1500.

Blue connector. Same shade as the plug. Taped with black cloth tape the rear of the parking brake assy.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I've was looking for that myself.

Old 06-17-2005, 01:53 AM
Avanti
Captain

my05_hemi:

Many, many thanks! I'd have never found it.

Mine is tucked up as high and tight against the body as they could get it (looking like a harness going back through the cowl, once I finally found it), obviously to make it as unaccessable and unhandy as possible. I'm sure they'd love to have us come in to have it hooked up... yeah, right.

Fortunately, knowing it to be blue was the key; then, I could wiggle it and feel it wasn't connected to anything.

Now, I'm in business.

I GREATLY appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Where's the under-dash plug for elec. brake controller?