3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Roll-N-Lock for 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Schaelc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll-N-Lock for 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Hi Folks,

I have recently purchased and had install for the roll-n-lock. When I got the truck back they had removed the stock spoiler on the tailgate and applied a black plastic cover about 3 inches in vertical length across the back of the tailgate. In my opinion it does not look very good, and recently in the cold the plastic cracked in half and I have an excuse to take it back into the installer. My question is, can the roll-n-lock be installed to include the factory spoiler on the tailgate or did it have to be removed? If you have a picture of one installed with the factory spoiler please send so I can prove it can be done and demand it re-done.

Thanks so much!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
CardinalsFan11
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typically places won't just replace something because you found an excuse. You need to be up front and once it is put in if you don't like it, you let them know. Once you hand over the money, they don't care as much about customer service. It is also going to be difficult to prove that it was only the cold that caused the crack.

You should have been told if they were replacing the tailgate top, they shouldn't just replace it without telling you. But, if they did tell you and you agreed to have it done that way, then I really doubt they will replace it. I'm sure it "can" be done, but if you didn't pay the extra to have it done that way, then you are probably out of money.

As much as I feel your pain, I think you may be out of your money.

Quick Reply: Roll-N-Lock for 2006 Dodge Ram 1500