3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3 Blink Lane Change

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:21 PM
AZZO540
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love my qyuick blinker messes me up in my car though

Old 01-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish it was by choice..

My heart tried to put me 6 ft under this summer... we are just now coming up to the 'end' of my 6 months no driving ban for medical reasons. Arteries are perfectly clear.. to the level the doctors told me I have the heart of a teenager... I'm 31! It turns out I have a rare genetic issue set off by medication. What a way to find out.

And yes, it hurts like hell to have to ride in the passenger seat... I'll get my day in the driver seat again, if all goes well next week.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:18 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

WOW! Well good luck with that, jeesh!

What size are those A/T's on the mega, 285's or 265's?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are BFG AT's and IIRC 265.. I'll have to check.

I've gotta replace them in the next few months as I have snow tires on the truck right now that'll have to come off. Any suggestions? I ran Toyo AT's on my 1500 and I'm not sure if I want to go with the same tire, or BFGs, or what my other options are.

I tow a 19ft travel trailer around during the summer, but otherwise I run empty.. Suggestions?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Well, you have tons of options, thats for sure. Just search up a few tire related threads on here... there should be a dozen or more recent ones.

Personally, I would go with the BFG A/T for a mostly street driven truck... I have just had nothing but great performance with them not to keep using them (although I would like to try something else!). Ol'maroon is due for new rubber soon, and these will probably what I get.

That being said, you will hear other people say (reliable sources, such as hammer) that they wouldn't run another BFG if the tire shop paid for the tires, mounting and balancing. And you will get that same type of mixed review for just about every tire out there.

Whichever tire you go with, make sure you get the E load range.

Quick Reply: 3 Blink Lane Change