3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stupid Vibrations.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM
boopadoopa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stupid Vibrations..... ******Problem Solved !!!!!****

OK So I have this ongoing vibration thats driving me crazy. I can feel it in the gas pedal but not on the floor boards...No wobble in the steering wheel. It does it from 1 mph up to 50 then goes away.. It feels like this ... vibration... none.. vibration... none ..Vibration...none... Speeds up as you go.. Does it in 4X4.... Neutral coasting down the road.. Stays on while braking only slows down a little with the rotation of the tires.. Think its the tires out of balance? Its been 8 degrees here so I haven't worked on it in a while.. I did make sure there was no snow packed in the rims. And looked for signs of broken belts or missing weights? Could it be a Universal? But I would think a universal would quit when there was torque on the shaft. Why am I only noticing it in the gas pedal? And not feeling it anywhere else? It could be anywhere but to find a vibration sometimes is really hard.. Rotors? Tires? Universals? aughhhhhh...

Last edited by boopadoopa; 02-08-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Paratrooper
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same problem...... happened when i put the new wheels on but i had ot put spacers and i hope i didnt over tighten anything

Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
AFfire13

is the ram a 2006? mine is as well and I had a vibration in the front wheel, and it turns out they recalled about 189,000 for bad wheel bearings, i'd check it out with the dealer you got it from

Old 01-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Paratrooper
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is an 08 qcsb hemi bighorn and its only done it since I put the new wheels but it could be the wheel tire or maybe I over tightened the spacers too much but even after rotating the wheels it still does is

Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

There was a guy on DT that had the issues and found his drive shaft and/or u joints werent torqued down as they should have been

Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 AM
osp1560

This is crazy! I have had the same issue for about two thousand miles and I have 45,000 miles on my truck. 2007 4x4

Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM
boopadoopa
Professional

Well we are having a heat wave this weekend.. 24 degrees... So maybe ill get out and rotate my tires see if the vibration shifts to a different location. Check my universals, and just look things over... I know vibrations are hard to pin point and are very annoying But when you only feel it in the gas pedal then it really hits a sore spot as its constant.

Oh And ******* GO STEELERS !!!!! *******

Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 AM
boopadoopa
Professional

*******UPDATE******* Problem solved..... I had the tires re balanced and rotated and the vibration went away?? Shop said the front tires had some cupping on them and this probably caused the vibration.. I rotate my tires every 5000 miles and they recommend every 3000 Guess its a smart thing to do??

Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by boopadoopa
*******UPDATE******* Problem solved..... I had the tires re balanced and rotated and the vibration went away?? Shop said the front tires had some cupping on them and this probably caused the vibration.. I rotate my tires every 5000 miles and they recommend every 3000 Guess its a smart thing to do??

That's good news and I hope it did solve your problem rather than "mask" it better. Tires do produce all kinds of sounds, and with a description is limited to actuallyhearing/feeling it myself. But most of the time with a rotational pulsing sound, the problem has to do with driveshaft balance and u-joint wear.
I'm sure if the slight vibration stirred you enough for you to get it fixed, you'll be all over additional vibrations if they may occur Hopefully you don't have any.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
boopadoopa
Professional

I was going to replace my U joints when the weather gets warmer but for now the issue went away. Im hoping it didnt mask anything but as of now... I have no vibration being felt in the gas pedal

Quick Reply: Stupid Vibrations.....