3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

not your typical power window issue...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:44 PM
RamTracks02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not your typical power window issue...

I did some searching and found the common window lock issues but i have a different problem now. (I also have the window lock issue but i can deal with that!) The drivers side power window rolls DOWN fine (auto down and regular). When i go to roll it back up, it does nothing. When i push down again, i can hear it click so it makes me think its probably not the switch, unless it is just crappy contacts on the up side only. It has also been very cold and icy here in Ohio and the motor itself could be burnt out. Over the summer i disassembled the master switch in hopes of fixing the window lock issue with no luck. While i don't have much faith in the switch itself, i am worried that it may be the window motor or regulator assembly. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. 2002 Ram 1500 4.7 QC. I should also add that eventually the window chooses to go for no particular reason. Randomly it rolls up like normal. If i release the switch on accident i have to play the game all over again, pressing and releasing the switch until it decides to go up.

Last edited by RamTracks02; 02-02-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: adding information
Old 02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

My passenger side window done just that when the drivers switch panel went south.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every now and than my passenger window will not roll down, when it will roll down it will not go back up. When I replace the power window fuse, all is fine, when I use a a orginal fuse to replace a new one, all works fine, all fuses are good and never burn out, yet for some reason the power window on the passenger side quits working, and pulling oout the fuse fixs it.

During winter I never keep my windows fully up, a quirk with dodge is the windows freaze tight into the window seam and they will not roll down until windows are defrosted.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
RamTracks02

I love how all the quirks work together... For example the frozen windows and the crappy heater defrost issues.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 AM
RamTracks02

Problem solved... Replaced the Drivers side master switch with one from a newer model year and all my power window demons went away!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Could you not have taken the switch apart and bent/cleaned the contacts?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 AM
RamTracks02

I took the switch apart a couple months ago... it did not fix the problem because the problem with my switch was not with the internal contacts. The problem as i discovered seems to be with the circuit board itself. If i put pressure on the harness by pushing or twisting, the window lock would work properly. As for the driver window not rolling back up, that i could not figure out. I figure the connector was probably broken on the original switch. On a side note, the switch i bought was from an 05 Ram and it had silver contacts on the switch and my original had copper colored contacts, obviously redesigned for the better i hope.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

By chance did you check all the solder joints? I know you have it fixed at this point by replacing it but am just curious

Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM
RamTracks02

No I didn't check any of the solder joints at the time... but that is probably what is wrong. I was just not that motivated to take that switch apart again. It was a pain pulling it all apart. Not to mention i got a steal on ebay for $50 for a switch that looks like new and so far works well.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I gotcha. Like I said, I was just curious. Maybe you could check your old one if you still got it, maybe fix it and re-sell it to re-coup some funds

Quick Reply: not your typical power window issue...