3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hard tonneaus....Undercover and others

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:46 AM
Darcity
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard tonneaus....Undercover and others

Is there another tonneau to use other than the Undercover hard cover? I like it because it's light and easy to remove if I hauled something huge. I dislike it because I won't be able to paint it the same color as my truck. Does anyone know of any alternatives that doesn't weigh a "ton"?

BTW, who has a Undercover tonneau? How do you like it?

Old 06-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Darcity
Rookie
Default RE: Hard tonneaus....Undercover and others

Bump!

Old 06-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

i have a pace edwards roll back and love it

Old 06-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Avanti
Captain

There are scads of hard-covers! I know, spent two months on google researching them while waiting for my truck to come in. I had more bookmarks for covers than everything else put together.

I was about to buy an Undercover, though I didn't car much for their protruding locks, when I saw one that had apparently been on a while and it was warped and generally fit poorly (the latter may have been because it was for a different truck, but the former I could see no reason for). Hence, still preferring a "bolt-on" over a clamp-on I ordered a Peragon, which would be a simple install if I didn't have to do some surgury to the OEM under-the-rail drop-in bedliner.

Ironically, the powder-coated aluminum Peragon is $100 less than the poly Undercover!

There are seemingly a couple dozen manufactures and more models than one can imagine.

All the best.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Darcity
Rookie

I first considered the lockable, retractable covers, but then I found out that they weren't waterproof. Then, I had to move to something different, the hard cover. I am a musician and I have several synthesizers(keyboards) and amplifiers that I cannot afford to get wet. However, if I had to haul something larger I would have to take it off (the cover). Did I mention that it had to be lockable? Dodge, where's the lockable tailgate?

Old 06-26-2005, 12:53 AM
Avanti
Captain

Tailgate lock? Simply another do-it-yourself.

You'd think by now, and with all the competition, a better job could be done on the details. Where is the notorious German penchant for details when we need it, huh?

By the way, I just got a Bully locking release. I didn't like the looks of the Pop-n-lock (or, whatever it's called), but the Bully seems a bit fragile and is too shiny; I guess weather will take care of the latter.

Old 06-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

The Pace Edwards roll back I have is a really nice unit...to be honest their designed to drain water and I actually have had very little water get in the bed. The hard covers really make it diffcult to haul large items. I had a hard cover in the past, it looked good but was a real pain. Plus there's the expense to make it match the paint on your truck. Also the Peragon on a friends truck rattles like crazy.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:39 PM
rayk2002Ram

Who has a Peragon, and have they had a problem with water ? A friend of mine has a Rolling-Lock, that drains through provided hoses, he put his thru the drain holes in his bed. He claims no water in the bed when cover is closed. I'm looking at both, the Peragon has a cleaner fit, but not as automatic as the the Rolling-Lock.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:24 PM
ditchdoc
Rookie

I just got a jason cover I love it bolted on less than 20 min. It rained on the way home totally dry on the inside. I got mine used from a guy selling his ram.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2021/47B3F7D71D3D484288E2D22642D81879.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Darcity
Rookie

Nice tonneau! If I see it correctly, does your cover match your lower trim?

Quick Reply: Hard tonneaus....Undercover and others