3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi cutting out under load

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:31 AM
chefred112
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use throttle body cleaner and clean it all out. also, can you pull pcv valve and check/clean it. I'm leanin towards tps or fuel delivery (pump)

Old 03-21-2011, 03:29 AM
popdog
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

might wanna hook up a fuel pressure tester to see what's going on. If you can watch the gauge when its acting up that will be very telling if it's a fuel issue (pump or pressure regulator). Some just tape the gauge to the windshield.

It might also be the TPS but keep in mind they are built into the throttle body so you need to replace the whole thing.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

A way to monitor fuel pressure inside the truck while it is doing it sounds good to me.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:02 AM
arani rey
Amateur

It got better, and finally started show a code. Vehicle speed sensor bank B. I only have a driver front and rear axle speed sensor so I cleaned them both and it seems to have fixed the issue. Maybe the computer thought I was not moving and cut the gas or spark off?

Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
bacollier330

Have you put a pressure gauge on the fuel system. Mine was running rough and stalling completely. It would run rough below 40 psi and stall around 20 psi. replaced Fuel pump and runs straight now.
Originally Posted by arani rey
Well I fix one thing then another breaks... isn't that my luck?

So my 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi QC 4x4 is cutting out. It runs fine at idle and driving around in a neighborhood, but once you have to go up a hill or speed up a little on a main road it starts cutting out. It seems like maybe the throttle is fluctuating on its own like the fly by wire system is acting up or something like that. Its not a single cylinder miss, its much choppier than that. Feels just like the driver is letting on and off the pedal really fast. The longer you drive it, the worse it gets. Sometimes it will act totally fine for a minute, then go right back to acting up. Maybe a wire short? But where? No CEL, did the key trick thing and it just said 'done' then '--------' then back to '97750' (my mileage).

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with this? Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Wanted to add in that while its cutting theres a whisshy noise under the hood everytime the rpms drop.. Like a turbo letting off.

Quick Reply: Hemi cutting out under load