3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:33 AM
gman74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need rotors?

Just put new brakes all around and had rotors turned now when i hit brakes it shakes bad. Ive dont brakes before never had this happen before. Could they have warped them when they turned them if so can ihave them turned again to fix problem or do i need new rotors if i get new rotors do i need to get replace the pads i just installed?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 AM
tiptonjd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could still be warped. You can have them turned again if they are thick enough. But the thinner they are the easier they are to warp again. I put new rotors on about a month ago and now i'm getting a vibration. Wish I had gone with the slotted and drilled rotors. You wont need new pads. They should be ok.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, anytime to replace pads it is a good idea to go ahead and get them turned. If you have shakes when hitting the brakes then you need to tear it apart again and go get them turned or get replacements

Quick Reply: need rotors?