3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No sound, rear speakers only

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
extremis
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound, rear speakers only

Hi guys, my new to me 07 mega cab has no rear door speaker audio. The obvious things look ok... speakers are in place and connected, fader is centered. Front speakers all work. This is on a LAramie with VES DVD rear video system, and the Infinity speaker system with 6 disc in dash changer.
I haven't ripped the dash apart yet... that'll some soon I guess. All the fuses check out except 1, which is for the trailer marker lights. If I fade the stereo to rear, only the front door speakers work which only put out bass. If I fade center or front, the front door speakers and dash speakers all work.
The DVD system seems to work, and when selected on the head unit the sound plays but again only in the front. I do not have the headphones that came with the system. I looked though the dvd player options, but I don't see one for the speakers. I kinda hope that because it has rear seat video, the speakers are disabled for use with the headphones and that I am missing the option somewhere to enable them. I don't have the A/V system manuals, so anyone have some tricks to try before I tear the dash apart?

Old 03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

This might be a long shot is both back doors are not working but sometimes the wires in the rubber boot from the door to the body get pinched and/or broken

Quick Reply: No sound, rear speakers only