3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flex-A-Lite 183 install - A few tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:26 PM
TheBlueBlur
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex-A-Lite 183 install - A few tips

Hey all, I installed the 183 kit over the weekend and thought I would share some info....

Pay attention to the washer fluid/anti-freeze overflow bottle pictured in the instructions. They show what looks like a single bottle, my 04 has two seperate bottles. I was unable to use the supplied bracket for the bottle(s) as they are totally different shapes. I was able to re-use the stock shroud, which has the proper mounting points. It is a tight fit over the new fan, but it does just barely fit.

I suggest extending the two wires comming off the fan prior to install. It was a pain extending them after the unit was mounted and the shroud was back on.

If you want to use the fuse box next to the battery, you will need a different fuse tap. the one in the kit is for a normal size spade fuse, that box has the smaller spade fuses.

Here is a link to the instructions - http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/183-99183.pdf

On a seperate note, removal of the stock fan and shroud gives you excellent access to the egr valve. ;-)

All in all I like the setup. I have about 65 miles on it so far, highway and city, and the truck is staying in a normal temp range.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Flex-A-Lite 183 install - A few tips