3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ford commercial.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:00 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Ford commercial.

Great. And this relates to the commercials how....?[&:]

Old 06-30-2005, 08:39 PM
jimmyg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I just saw all the little commercials on the website. ANd I am still not going to go back to the ford. I guess that ford failed to mention that their brakes actually have a shorter life span than most other trucks. I had to replace two sets of brakes on my 01 f-150, my father-in-law has had to replace two sets on his 03 F-150. The fact that the so called 100,000 mile tune-up has never been true. I had to replace two cylinder ignition coils, at 250 a pop! I had less power in that truck than my brother -in law's 01 ram 1500. So I figured go for the dodge. Not to mention the fact that the dodge dealership actually gave me 17k for my trade in. What can you say, the brakes were new, had a tuneup amonsgt other things! So that is one good thing for ford, you get good trade in value for a real truck!

Old 06-30-2005, 09:51 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

Where is the truth section about there motors. I hear they have alot of problems with the newer motors and that the diesel they came out with is a real pos. Ford has always been known for trying to sell people on features no one cares about.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

Oh my god they are comparing oil filter size and fan shroud material.......I also love how on certain issues they only mention one truck not all involved.....really funny stuff.......I love the bed bolt thing. "Adds to the overal strenght" What a load.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:49 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

Oh my god they are comparing oil filter size and fan shroud material
The fan shroud material thing is because that when the build metal enclosures that cross from one end of the fram to the other, it increses stiffness and leads to better handling. Take a look at your Dodge, they the same thing. You guys need to understand that they are trying to sell trucks, just like the Dodge commercilas make you think that the HEMI motor is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The only difference is that Ford is using a differnt approach, and I must say that the F-150 has by far and away some of the best technology on a full size truck. Unfotunately some has not worked the way that they wanted it too. If you guys are trying ot find fault in the 150, dont be trying to go after the things it does better and excells in, look for the things it truely is faulty. Brakes is not one of them, the new 150 has been tested to have some of the best brake modulation and the only gripe owners of the new 150 have has been excessive brake dust. Braking distances are also one area that the Dodge has not done real good at. If anyone wants to challenge that then they can look at 60-0 times. The new frame, front framing around the shroud, outboard shocks, quiet steel, tailgate assist and others do actually work. Please take the time to look into other vehicles befpre knocking them because they are differnt and Dodge doesnt make it. Some of you guys are just killing me with the ignorant stuff here. Yes, I am a Ford fan but not to the point that I will stick up for short comings. However you guys are pointing at their pros, not cons. The biggest weak point for the new 150 are in the fact that they have a rear end shudder problem, steering nibble, torque converter, limited slip clutch pack issues and some timing issues witht the variable timing of the new 5.4 3v motor all of which ford still does not have a fix for yet after over a year. There you guys go, pick at those issues, not the things that make the 150 a better truck. I believe that the 150 is by far and away a superior truck over the ram eventhough I bought the Ram. NOw, I am not complaining about my ram because it has been a good truck so far but it doesnt measure up to the ford in most areas. Th power is a big problem for ford right now. Noone knows where the 300 horses they claim are? becasue they sure arent under the hood. Right now all the manfactures except toyata are beeting them in the hp war. I bought my ram not because it was the best truck, I bought it because it was a well equiped nice truck for thousands less. Ford has done a good job with the new 150 and should be given the credit deserved. Remeber, dont knoch it because it might just be on your next truck, only then it will be the greatest thing.

Where is the truth section about there motors. I hear they have alot of problems with the newer motors and that the diesel they came out with is a real pos
Yes the 250's diesel has turned out to be a nightmare. However, look closely and you will find that all the manufactures including Dodge are having problems with Diesels. The injectors being the biggest problem because of the high psi ratings of the new common rail injection. This is why many people will tell you to buy the older ram with the cummins. But all trucks have their fair share of problems.

If you guys are really looking to insult another brand of trucks then Chevy should be your first target. Those are extremely outdated and horrible trucks going down the road. HAPPY INSULTING!

Old 07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

Its a shame. I had an 02 silverado and i really have nothing but nice things to say about it. It had the v6 and drove really well with excellent gas mileage. The only thing i have to say bad about them is that they are really behind in the styling. ...especially the cheap interior. The one thing i get from alot of my friends that have chevy is that they are getting way better gas mileage then me which is important right now.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:44 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To some degree I have to disgree with what they have done. I've driven the ford f-150 (an 04) and it doesn't handle worth a darn, so I'm not sure the outboard shocks and whatever else they are claiming is that effective. New doesn't = better.

Old 07-01-2005, 05:37 PM
SlopMeister

The logic behind the outboard shocks is sound, but it just may be that the new F150 is too heavy for the outboards to really make a difference.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:58 PM
ross944
Veteran

ORIGINAL: gpzjack

Its a shame. I had an 02 silverado and i really have nothing but nice things to say about it. It had the v6 and drove really well with excellent gas mileage. The only thing i have to say bad about them is that they are really behind in the styling. ...especially the cheap interior. The one thing i get from alot of my friends that have chevy is that they are getting way better gas mileage then me which is important right now.
I hear ya on that. My mom is averaging 16.6 mpg with her 5.3 texas edition silverado and she does alot of city driving. dont know how she does it. I can get 17mpg with mine but i have to baby it like no other, I can stand it. So I'll live with getting 15mpg with a quadcab.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:09 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

To some degree I have to disgree with what they have done. I've driven the ford f-150 (an 04) and it doesn't handle worth a darn, so I'm not sure the outboard shocks and whatever else they are claiming is that effective. New doesn't = better.
The outboard mounted shocks dont instantly make them handle well. You need to remeber that handling is mostly a matter of how stiff the suspension is. The shocks dont dtermine this. The springs do. The ford is a soft sprung truck to give it a more car like ride and doesnt have to do with the outboard mounted shocks. The body roll is a character of a combination of spring stiffness, shocks and sway bar. There is alot less body sway on a f-150 than most car like full size trucks like the chevy. The dodge is not a car like ride, it is alot stiffer and cannot really be compared. Its a matter a preferance. Some like it soft while others like it hard. I lie the soft for straight line drive, however the rams stiffness comes in handy on my twisty drive to work everyday or when towing my boat. I am very aware that NEW doesnt = BETTER, but the feature should get the merit it deserves. Now, dula climate control is just beyond me, now there is a sample of new not equel better. Whoever thought of that is a complete idiot and failed a thermal analysis course of for that matter should invest in a flow simulator.

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial.