3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Loud pop in the back and bad shaking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud pop in the back and bad shaking.

This morning I was driving around town, typical everyday drive but when I pulled out normally from a stop light, I heard this loud high pitched POP in the back of my truck. I didn't think anything of it, I just thought I ran over something, but about an hour later my truck randomly started to shake and vibrate violently out of nowhere, and the Check Emissions or whatever light came on, and it kept flashing and beeping for a while. I drove a little bit trying to see if it would go away but it never did so I parked it and took a look at everything and everything looked normal, nothing leaking, broken etc. When I turned the truck on however everything seemed fine, no pops, no vibrations. It was fine all the way home...can anyone POSSIBLY tell me what the heck happened? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

-Ethan

Old 03-24-2011, 08:50 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You need to scan for the code that turned on the mil. This will tell you what is wrong.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:36 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
You need to scan for the code that turned on the mil. This will tell you what is wrong.
Well, it's not doing it anymore. Light hasn't come on, and no more pops or shakes. I'll still check it out, but at least it stopped.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Did the evap canister pop or burp?

Quick Reply: Loud pop in the back and bad shaking.