3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06-08 EVIC query

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
JoshuaAckley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izero
What is LKQ?
I may be selling the unit I just bought. Got it into my truck today, and it won't power up. I am very disappointed. Attempting to find a wiring diagram for both the otis that was in my truck, and the evic I just bought, to see if maybe the wires are switched around. If they are, maybe I can switch the wires in the connector, and get it working. If not, I'll be selling it real soon.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 AM
JoshuaAckley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: plugged it into a friends 08, and it worked perfect, so i know it's not the module.

Edit: Found the connector pinouts for both my 06 RAM, and the 07 Durango. The wire functions are exactly the same, with the exception that the Durango has an extra wire for an infrared sensor, and the fused b+ and ground are 18 gauge wiring. One other difference that I can think of is difference in the BUS, perhaps the 08 Ram and 07 Durango are High instead of Low. I'm wondering if perhaps I need to try resetting the ECM, PCM, FCM, TIPM, or whatever other -M computers there are to get it to recognize. I did turn the truck on with it installed, and pulled most of the important fuses in the TIPM to try to get it to reset.

Any ideas?

Last edited by JoshuaAckley; 02-16-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 06-08 EVIC query