3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Travelin man
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel

Hey does anyone on here have a problem with there steering wheel . The leather wrap around mine were you rest your hand when you are driving is And has been slowly wearing away and when it is hot out your hand will stick to it . I have cleaned it several times with just about everything and it is still the same way . I took it to the stealer when it first started and the dealer said that it was not covered under warrenty . Does anyone know how hard it would be to change out the steering wheel ? Also a place were you can get a new one for my 2005 Dodge Ram ?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 AM
itsahemi4x4
Professional

EBay has new ones if you want to go that route, but for far less you could buy a wheelskin leather wrap, and rewrap the wheel yourself. They have many options with colors and perforated or not perforated, and done right, they look like they came from the factory that way. Google wheelskins steering wheel and check them out for yourself. Not a sales pitch, just best interior mod for thus money in my opinion. I'll see if I can find the pic of mine.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:58 AM
hyperjay
Rookie

I have the same problem with mine. I've even caught myself picking at it with my fingernails while driving....ughhh. I think the only option is a new steering wheel (which is bound to have the same problem) or an off the shelf steering wheel cover.

I just don't grip the wheel at 12 o'clock anymore as much as I used to.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:34 PM
itsahemi4x4
Professional

here's a link to the wheelskin website.

http://wheelskins.com/

Check it out. Looks a lot better than off the shelf, and a lot cheaper than replacing the entire wheel.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel