3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbie in GR, MI

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
06' Mega
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie in GR, MI

Recently purchased an 06' Ram Mega cab. Love it! Putting a GF Chip on it having trouble figuring out how to install. Not much detail in the Ram manual. Trying to locate the MAF. I believe it is the 6 wire sensor at the back of the Ram Cap, but not sure. Anyone have any luck with GF chips?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the third generation Ram section,
FF

Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 06' Mega
Recently purchased an 06' Ram Mega cab. Love it! Putting a GF Chip on it having trouble figuring out how to install. Not much detail in the Ram manual. Trying to locate the MAF. I believe it is the 6 wire sensor at the back of the Ram Cap, but not sure. Anyone have any luck with GF chips?

Why are people buying this chip? It's proven time and again that at best it does nothing and at worst it screws your truck up.

I think I need to start building a $2 resistor on a wire and boast claims of 5 mpg and 60 HP too.

You really should have researched this purchase:

total rip off i ordered one for my car when i got it i opened it it was 2 wires that went to a board with an ic that was not connected i took pics if you will look around i think they have a class action law suit on them when i get a refund or if i will post pics all over the netjames, Thu Mar 03, 2011

Complete junk- totally incompetent "tech help". All the so called "technician" could do is tell me to change wires around to eliminate the service engine soon light- which never did stay off. Took them three days to get me the correct wiring diagram and that still did no good. When you want a refund- sit back and wait. Rude! Don’t waste your time or money- this thing has nothing to offer but headaches. Its crap! I’m ashamed I was this gullible….Louie, Tue Mar 01, 2011

Scam outfit. Come on, people, they claim to have a chip for a Hudson Hornet. Good grief.Wayne, Mon Feb 28, 2011

They are a total rip off. It does not do anything to help. It is a sensor that fools the vehicle on amount of air and increases fuel consumption. It is bad for the engine. their 14 full money back guarantee is crap. they charge 25% restock fee. STAY AWAY and pass the word.af, Wed Feb 02, 2011

Rating here is misleading. Poor? Didn't work at all. Poor indicates that it did do something but it didn't do anything. I took it off and checked with a volt meter and couldn't get any voltages thru it at all nor any ohms, so how can it do anything? It can't!!! RipOff, I thought that when they said it would be delivered in 2 weeks and it took 5 weeks to get it.Ebby G Shreve, Thu Jan 20, 2011

Took seven weeks to deliver. Decrease in fuel economy from 16.2 mpg. to 14.9 mpg. According to dyno, no increase in horse power and no increase in low end torque. Don't waste your money!STEVE POWELL, Mon Dec 20, 2010

Took over 2 weeks for order to arrive.
Did not notice any HP/Torque gain
HUGE MPG loss(instead of "better" MPG)
CHECK ENGINE comes on & won't reset, because it messes up your air flow meter
WASTEmike s., Fri Oct 01, 2010

Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hammer, I have to agree. We have been round and round with guys about these "chips". If it was true that you could get 4-7more MPG and 60 HP just from a chip, WE ALL would have one and they would not be able to make them fast enough. its sad guys still fall for these false advertisements though.

On a more positive note 06 Mega, its good to have you here so we can help you

Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Hammer, I have to agree. We have been round and round with guys about these "chips". If it was true that you could get 4-7more MPG and 60 HP just from a chip, WE ALL would have one and they would not be able to make them fast enough. its sad guys still fall for these false advertisements though.

On a more positive note 06 Mega, its good to have you here so we can help you

Yep, I'd bet the first guy who got suckered into a deal for something that was "too good to be true" was carrying a club and lived in a cave and people haven't learned yet...

Quick Reply: Newbie in GR, MI