3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake light and ABS light on...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 PM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a call, the said the front right sensor is bad. They said the connector is rusted and that might give them problems which means they might have to run a wire all the way from the control module to the connector. Why they put these connectors when water will splash up on them is not a good thing. I guess the sensor is also used in the cruise control as well.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Geezir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have cruise control issues with my truck...

Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 PM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$295 in labor to replace the sensor. There is no way it takes them that much labor to replace a sensor. If I knew which sensor was bad I probably would have tried to tackle the job myself. What kind of scanner are you guys using to pull these type of code. The generic PC base scanner I got did not pull any ABS related codes.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Geezir
Veteran

A basic OBD scanner wont read the codes...the name of the type of computer that will however has slipped my mind.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:49 PM
That1guy
Veteran

Probably need a starscan tool. The sensor is real easy. Pull the wheel off and its the only wire on the front axle. One bolt takes it out and follow it and it just unplugs. From what I understand most ABS unit bearings are calibrated so not sure how it works just replacing the sensor.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 AM
FireFighter
Veteran

When my ABS came on, all cruise control functions shut down...safety issue programmed into the PCM I suppose. If you just had the other hub replaced, your right side is prolly starting to go. Not sure why they say they have to run it all the way to the PCM. Mine go from the hub to just inside the engine compartment on opposite side of wheel well and plugs in there. Connects to the hub with an allen screw... it's about a 3' long wire assembly.

Not sure if you can just buy that separate though without the hub assembly....as that1guy said.

Good luck, let us know what transpires.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Ajax67

I am having the same problem with my 2005 4.7L 1500. brake light and ABS lights come on and my speedo quits working. Took it to the dealer yesterday and was informed that there is a short in my ABS control module. They want $750 to replace. I can find the part for under $200 but I can't find any help on how to do the work.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:19 AM
RobertTyrrell
Default ABS and brake light on left/right turn

Before you tear into your ABS sensors Here's a simple fix; Check your brake fluid levels. if it approaches the "Min" fill line this will effect your ABS brakes fluid level sensor as well.
Making a right or left turn, braking, or moving forward will tip fluid level enough to trip the sensor.
Not checked your fluid level in a while? Recently replaced a brake component? You may have small leak? or brakes are wearing?
Not the problem? Now check your ABS sensors and contact points in you live in salt belt.
Hope this helps someone before spending time or wasting $.

Quick Reply: Brake light and ABS light on...