3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone tried to repair their corroded fuse block?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 PM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried to repair their corroded fuse block?

I've had some electrical problems on and off lately (4wd switch, cruise) and these problems point to the fusebox according to my research. Has anyone pulled theirs apart and done some cleaning/soldering to get it going again? I've seen some that said they did, but I need some more specifics as I'm electrically impaired.
The stealership quoted me $565 for a new one!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took mine apart, cleaned it, repaired a visibly broken trace and still continued to have issues with my running lights, I just replaced mine on Friday with a junk yard one for 150, it just so happened that the diner truck had replaced it at the dealer and had the bucket that protects it. I was lucky to find it. There is one in woodbridge Ontario on kijiji.ca for 250 if you want to look into it, search ram fuse in the auto parts for Toronto.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Look for some electrical contact cleaner chemicals also. We use them all the time out here at work. They can come in a aerosol can. When you get everything clean and working it wouldnt be a bad idea to cover the bottom in a rubberized coating of sorts

Old 04-18-2011, 12:30 AM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks, I'll give it a shot. Gonna try to get my beater running while I put my truck seriously under the knife, I need to do Alt, BJ's, fusebox, and clean up some @#$%$y looking wiring. Looking at selling my truck pretty soon

Quick Reply: Anyone tried to repair their corroded fuse block?