3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 Ram 1500 CV Removal PDF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:22 PM
freeflycpi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Ram 1500 CV Removal PDF?

Does anyone have the CV removal procedure in PDF for:
2003 Ram 1500 4WD 5.7

I've picked up the part and hope to be able to do it this weekend. She is clunking pretty bad and don't think I will make another week on it.

I've found a few topics in here on it but I really would like some pictures and steps if at all possible.

Thanks,
Deano

Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

download your service manual from... https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-download.html

It will be explained in a chapter within Also search on YouTube for a video just to get an idea what's involved.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

you could also get a haynes manual and it will tell you step by step on how to do it and maybe a few pics on it but its fairly simple if you can get the axel out of the wheel bearing mine was seized in pretty good just take the nut holding the axle on off take off your tire remove tie rod and and upper ball i found it easer to remove from diff first i used a little pry bar to pry it away and tapped it with a hammer to get it off the clip holding it on then remove it from the wheel bearing very simple task took me half hour from start to finish.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
freeflycpi

Thank you both Owensue and Denniss66, I downloaded the manual and added the PDF to my iphone and now have service manual every where I go. The job went relatively smoothly with your advice. The hardest part was removing the wheel hub assembly. It was frozen up inside the housing pretty good. It took quite a few hits with a 5 lb hammer and a chisel once it was partially separated. I realize you don't have to remove the wheel hub to get at the CV but I wanted to change it while I was there. I recommend wire brushing the housing and applying anti-seize for reassembly. Also replaced the outer tire rod end while I had it disassembled, it had a ripped boot. Saved a bunch of money doing it myself......feels good, thanks!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't forget to get the parts manual as well.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Agreed. Those manuals have saved many guys a ton of money and time

Quick Reply: 2003 Ram 1500 CV Removal PDF?