3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HVAC control issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
dakota1955
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC control issue

I have a 2005 Ram Quad cab 4x4, with a 5.7 HEMI. My problem started a week ago. I have no control over my HVAC. The blend valve is stuck on vent no matter where **** is pointing. The temperature **** has no input no matter where it is positioned. The AC and rear window defroster control do not work. The only thing that does work is the fan control. I have complete control on the fan. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Do a search for blend doors and find all the threads with the common issues as you have.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
BoriLoco

My question would be, if the blend doors are the culprit, would this cause the hvac button lights to stop working? I have the same issue as dakota on my 2005 Ram 1500. Fan works, nothing esle. No indicator lights. Does this (no indicator lights) happen because of malfunctioning blend doors? How does a mechanical issue present itself by lack of electronic signals to the HVAC control module?

Old 10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
BoriLoco

I have no control over my HVAC. The blend valve is stuck on vent no matter where **** is pointing. The temperature **** has no input no matter where it is positioned. The AC and rear window defroster control do not work. The only thing that does work is the fan control. I have complete control on the fan.
I've just spent over 2hrs searching this forum for this exact issue, and can not find even a clue except "blender doors"....help please?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

I would guess that the HVAC controller is the culprit here. Pretty sure that is built into the panel with the AC switches and ***** and is replaced as one unit. there was a recent thread where we threw that idea around but I don't think the OP ever got it resolved just yet...

Quick Reply: HVAC control issue