3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

EVAP issue, code 0442

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
bossgator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP issue, code 0442

I need a little help here please. Fuel pump went out in the middle of nowhere close to home. Had to tow it to the dealer. They replace the fuel pump. after a few days I got a check engine light (code 0442) and a gas cap warning on the dash. Replaced gas cap, cleared the code. a few days latter the gas cap error comes on again, followed by check eng and another 0442 code. When I gassed up I noticed a hose from the evap system hanging down in the wheel well with a connector on it. took it back to the dealer, they put it back on, check eng light went off. this morning the check eng light is back on, I look in the wheel well and the hose is hanging again. I'm not going back to the dealership, its about 60 miles away. Took a picture of the hose and connector, can someone I D it for me so I can replace it. one of two things have happened hear, the mech doesn't know what he is doing or the part is not working and comes off under pressure.

Thanks BGEVAP issue, code 0442-img_6098.jpg

Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
bossgator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never mind, I figured it out. Lesson learned look around 360 degrees before you start asking dumb questions. Apparently it was the purge solenoid, which attaches to the overflow tube. Sorry to waste your time guys.
BG

Quick Reply: EVAP issue, code 0442