3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cb antenna wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 10:35 PM
BigRedTex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cb antenna wiring

how's it goin everybody. im new here just got a Ram 1500 QC and was interested in some tips on where to run my cb antenna wire in to the cab and where you guys had your whips mounted. thanks for the help

Old 07-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Truckxpressions
Veteran
Default RE: cb antenna wiring

Depending on where you mount your whip, you can run it along the frame under the ram and bring it in through the firewall or find an access wiring hole in the bottom of the cab somewhere and run it in that way.

DO you plan on leaving it on all the time or are you using one of the magnetic base mount ones?

Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 PM
BigRedTex

i plan on the whip on all the time but would rather not drill into the bed if i can pull that off. do u know where the wiring access hole under the cab is located, right now i would rather not worry about running anything throught the engine bay and firewall.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:35 PM
rayk2002Ram

On my 02 Quad Ram, I found an access hole under the carpet of the rear seat, I had to punch it out. It worked well for my antenna's. I'm a ham operator, neither or my antenna's require a ground so I was able to mount them to the drop in liner at the front stake holes

Quick Reply: cb antenna wiring