3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

jet chip vs superchips programmer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 12:42 AM
zkeys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet chip vs superchips programmer

Hello All

Looking for a little bit more out of my 02 Ram 4.7. My question is about the Jet Chips Vs. the power programmers. I have an air intake kit, throttle body spacer, and borla exaust. I really do not drive the truck much but I am looking for a little extra power for towing. Just looking to get opinions if it is better to get the programmer or the jet chip. Obviously the Jet Chip is alot cheaper, but is the programmer worth the price? Opinions please.

Thanks
Zack

Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Bruce
Professional
Default RE: jet chip vs superchips programmer

Just curious to know if the throttle body spacer made any difference to the power,i also have a 4.7,like to hear a bit more on the chips also.
Thanks Bruce

Old 07-05-2005, 12:16 PM
zkeys

I put the throttle body on at the same time as the Borlas and the air intake. So as far as how much power the intake itself gave me I am not for sure. What I did notice is that it gave me a high-pitched whine of air rushing through it. It took some time to get used to that. As far as the power for the whole package it was somewhat un-noticeable on the low end but it seemed to help it in the 3000-4500 RPM area. Hope to hear some opinions on the chips/programmers.
Thanks
Zack

Old 07-06-2005, 12:45 AM
zkeys

Anybody???? Please guys, throw me a bone here. I know somebody here has had a 4.7 with either the Jet or the programmer. Anybody?? Bueller???

Quick Reply: jet chip vs superchips programmer