3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Celebrating the 4th of July, RAM STYLE

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:01 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Celebrating the 4th of July, RAM STYLE

Well, I just got back from a weekend of fun, ram style. I took the family and the truck out camping and had the boat behind as well. Well, to make a long story short, my wife packed the house. The bed was full of camping gear (completely full), 2 adults up front, my daughter as seen in the photo in the back, and more gear in the backseat and a boat with gear in it as well. The truck pulled great, it had more than enough umpfff to pull 65 steady up 8% grades (still had room for more but had to watch out for Johnny law and more likely an upset wife) and still got 11 mpg while doing it. The truck handled well, drove nice, never overheated, had plenty of power at any time and most of all (for all you Titan owners) looked good doing it. Tow/haul mode worked flawlessly and made it so that at many times I never knew it was there, however going up steep mtn roads I definately knew it was there but the HEMI said thats it?, Cmon bring on more and make me sweat a little. I just had to make a post with some pics. One is the boat, two are the boat and truck at the camp and one of my favorite camper ready to go out on the boat. Who needs fireworks with a set up like that? Quite possibly the best 4th of July weekend. God bless American made trucks! The ram has just been an awsome truck. I did have to use 4x4 to get the boat and gear up a mountain road from the boat launch. There was nothing more than powder dirt on an 8% grade to get back to the main road, you had to go very slow because of the very large bumps in the road and didnt want to damage the boat. 4x4 went in like a charm thanks to my trusty floor mounted 4x4 and presto, no more stuck truck. Friends in the truck with us were very impressed all weekend by the truck. One thing that I must say is that the tow mirrors are worth every penny. When I bought the truck, I wasnt towing anything but I must say that they work awesome and all weekend long. Everyone that sees how they work has been impressed. I am very happy that I got my ram fully loaded with all the goodies just the way I wanted. I almost had to special order but thanks to the internet I was able to find my truck just the way I wanted already on a dealers lot. [sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Celebrating the 4th of July, RAM STYLE