3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hello and ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:01 PM
johnnyboy1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello and ?

hi guys, getting ready to pull the trigger on a 04 quad cab 4x4, hemi, with 35 k on it (private owner) and they want 21k (inspected),and really dont have alot of time to do homework between work and things, truck is a bit dirty but will clean up nice, only flaw it has a couple small dents on rear bumper, any way i am curious on feedback on the price(if good/fair deal) or any do's and dont's with these trucks, i really did not have much time to search and read over other posts and i know u guys proably answer this type question alot, i am basically a ford guy and giving one of these rams a try....i like the interior's and the 20's and style .....over regular new f150 ford's and looking forward to it (if i get it) i did test drive it and it was the first time i have driven one and it handled nice and i was a little dissapointed on the accerleration of the hemi (not trying to be negative, but after commercials etc...i guess i was expecting too much) but bottom line i like the truck.....thanks in advance for any feedback or any suggestions etc....

Old 07-05-2005, 09:08 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hello and ?

The 4x4 QC is a heavy truck and is no stop light bandit, that's for sure. Although it's still alot better than a good many trucks out there. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:08 PM
tommiwan
Professional

I would wait for more opinions, but I don't think that is very good... You can get a truck like that from the dealer for that price that will be cleaner.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:38 PM
johnnyboy1

thanks for quick reply fella's and sure open to any other opinions, i did find one comperable at a dealer (except blue and not dodge dealer) and i dont like blue that much and they wanted 22.5k, with like 10k less on miles....and i am sorry for asking questions (without doing much homework, but in early process of it) but at dodge dealerships what do these go for new? (after good credit, incentives and now i am hearing dodge is going to do that employee discount thing and "out the door") i am starting of thinking to go new maybe and on dodge site it looks like they are 30k plus truck, so if anyone dont mind.... what did some of u roll out of dealership on a 2005 4x4 qc,hemi and 20's? thanks again and sorry for "newbie" questions...(by tommorow or next day i will be more knowledgeble when i roll in and out at a dodge dealership) but kinda curious now for sure....

Old 07-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Wulf60

Hi Johnyboy,
Bought my '04 QC hemi SLT 4x4 w/20's and leather/tow package about 8 months ago for just about 27K, I was able to use a friend and family dodge employee price, thru my work, original sticker was around 36k I think. I believe they are offering that same plan to everyone right now, and it is something like 2% over Factory invoice price. (you shouldn't really pay much more than that on a new vehicle anyway, even if you are doing the dealing yourself IMO.) Either way I think you are fine, whatever you choose to do, the 3rd Generation Ram's seem to really be holding their value well from what I can see. If it was me, I would spend the extra 3-5k and get a brand new truck that never had another dudes stinky *** sweat on the seat except for test drives, but thats just my opinion.

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 AM
hoosierred1

Hi, I'm buying a 4x2 quad hemi new for 26k and change. Along the way I saw a 04 4x4 with 10,500 for 23k. I don't think 21k is high for the year, but the miles are out of whack. Don't let tell you its highway miles, unless they live on the highway and go in circles

Old 07-06-2005, 02:32 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

05 qc SLT ram with hemi and off road package with almost all of the options. My MSRP was 38k, I paid 26k for it and it was a little over 28k OTD. That was about two months ago

Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 AM
johnnyboy1

appreciate it guys, kinda puts things in perspective better, bottom line i am pushing my limits at 21k, "but" weighing out interest rates etc...i may possibly be just as well new, (when it comes to payment time ,if u know what i mean) as mentioned i bleed ford blue, but the more i look at these dodges i am quite psyched on them, they are just flat out better looking (and other things) then the new style f150's , and i love these rims on them....

Old 07-06-2005, 06:23 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

id go with the hemi, even with 35k. it still runs like new. hell im 200 miles from 36K on my truck, and i bought it in sept 04....

and it still drives like when i drove it off the dealer..

Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
OkieHemi

Same for me....I bought an '03 3 weeks ago with 25K on it, and I was out the door....granted for the used for a little over $18K. And it has the 20's, and fully loaded at that with the tow package. It is a 4X2 though....but very smooth and quiet.....with the HEMI of course.