3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lamp out warning light??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM
silversioux
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lamp out warning light??????

I keep getting my lamp out warning beeping at me yet I don't have any bulbs out! Now I get my left turn signal to click fast which tells you there is an issue there then it goes away the next time I do it! All lights work when I put the brakes on, headlights, turnsignals, interior lights??? What gives?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

It is the left tailight assembly. I have the same problem when it gets cold, the connections don't make good contact. From what I read on here it is a cheap and easy fix. I have just put up with it until it becomes constant.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
silversioux

Would you say its the whole assembly or just the bulb?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Everthing I have read says the assembly may be bad. I have also been told that if the voltage through the bulb is low it will throw the light. Seems a little sensitive to me. You could pull the bulb and see if there is some corrosion.

Last edited by rbrumm; 06-17-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had about the same thing happen on my cvpi the bulb had came loose just put in a new one and fixed it. now on my ram the light out came on and i looked at all my light and they worked ended up being a break light that was out but if you need a new assembly i would check rockauto.com

Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Calvert
Rookie

Same thing happened to me while driving from Chicago to Phoenix...the beeping drove me crazy so i stopped at a dealership and had them fix it real quick. they put in a new "panel" for lack of a better word right now, that all the bulbs plug in to. Apparently it is a known issue amongst rams. Took them about an hour and cost me like $120.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Geezir
Veteran

I had this problem. New aftermarket circuit board cost me $30 and a 1 year warranty on it. 5 minutes in driveway and the problem was fixed.

Quick Reply: lamp out warning light??????