3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Customizing and the warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:25 AM
DonG
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Customizing and the warranty

Sorry to see this happen to your nice truck. Even though the law may be on your side, the dealer probably knows it will cost you more to fight the issue than it would to just fix it yourself. The Magnuson-Moss Act is pretty much worthless on for a single individual. Legal fees are too costly to make it worth fighting by yourself if the dealer and DC stick to their decision. I've seen dealers refuse warranty work for BS reasons and DC supported their decision. Most won't fight because it's too costly.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Viper_iii

LOL I even researched every case against this dealer in the past 5 years.

All Cases have been settled. One of the most recent was a Lemon Law Issue and around 45K

Settled. All I have to do is bring a suit and it'll be settled. All Suits thus far for the past 5/10 years?

That is a pretty bad record if this Dealer and DC both Settled everycase as opposed trying to win.

Does it mean the customer got exactly what they wanted? No but it means that DC and the Dealer had to
bend to meet us the consumer part of the way. And unfortunately settlements are not public record so I don't
have access to that info.

Oh well onward I press!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Viper_iii

Beautiful Daimler still hasn't sent me my denial paperwork yet... nearly 45 days later!!!
And its continuing to be a problem... We'll see how they like court!

Quick Reply: Customizing and the warranty