3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Panel Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
EastTNHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panel Rattle

My passenger side door panel on my 04 RAM QC rattles. Only 7,000 miles on vehicle. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Old 07-12-2005, 02:19 AM
predator
Default RE: Door Panel Rattle

Maybe one of the plastic pins that hold the panel as come lose,pull on the panel all around it and see.

or even take the panel off and see if there is something lose in there or better yet if under warranty take it back and have them find the problem.[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 07-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

If you pull the offending panel off then wrap the connecting pins with some electrical tape, that "cinches" the door panel up better to the sheet metal once you reinstall it which stops the rattling (assuming that was the problem in the first place). This worked perfectly for me.

Also, you might want to consider installing some Dynomat (sound baffling material) inside the door behind the panel. I plan on doing this next to further reduce any rattle and to help eliminate road noise. It'll also help my system sound better, too.

I'll have to custom cut it in pieces in there but I think it should really help.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:18 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Mine does too. Right at the part behind the armrest for the door on both sides. Haven't bothered with it yet. Too much other stuff to do.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:29 PM
EastTNHemi

Thanks for the advice on the rattle. I have not experienced any other problem with my new Ram and I love the HEMI and truck package altogether.

Quick Reply: Door Panel Rattle