3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

possible electrical issue....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:59 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default possible electrical issue....

odd for me as im very elecrically inclined....lol....

so i jump in the truck this morn and my dome/puddle lights arent on, i flick the switch to make sure my switch wasnt all the way off, and nothing....
so after work today i checked the fuses, all of them and 18 would be labelled interior illumination, all good... my map lights work, hmmmm, so i trace the wires from dome to my t-tap where i tapped in so when i open my doors the puddle lights come on, which is behind the a-pillar, everything is secure, but no power to the t....i know my test light is grounded good as i checked another power source with it grounded in the same place, grounds on puddle lights are tight and look good, dome light bulb tested in working order, i wish i had brought my multimeter home with me from work.....does anyone have any idea? im at a stand still which is really weird for me.....where is the door plunger that tells the interior lights to come on... or the sensor that does when i hit my fob....

Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

It appears that the interior lights are fed from and integrated power module in the instrument cluster.

Run an instrument cluster diagnostic---hold the trip reset in while turning the key to on, if I remember right----should see some kind of a "C" code

Old 07-15-2011, 09:28 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

ill give that a try i dont have anything to lose...thanks

Old 07-16-2011, 03:24 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The switch is integrated into he door latch.

Quick Reply: possible electrical issue....