3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering knuckle question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 04:01 AM
tazdude65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is I put 3,in leveling kit onu 2004 1500 now my upper A arms are hitting shock mount/ coil bracket do new A arms angle different or stick out further so they don't hit? I have steering knuckles off a dodge 6 in lift and they are a lot taller can I put those on which will put where upper A arms connect more level and hopefully stop hitting shock mount, any advice?

Old 10-09-2023, 02:51 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_03_Hemi_4X4
How hard would it be to make some relocation brackets for the front Diff? I would like to go about 3-4 inches but still keep good suspension geometry. I have heard alot of people having dissapointing results with just a torsion key setup. Have you had any experience with ride quality on those type lifts?

Chris
They can make for a harsh ride, throw off your alignment, and cause CV angle issues. To go 3-4 inches you really need to look into a full kit that relocates everything downward, OR, a body lift.

Originally Posted by tazdude65
My question is I put 3,in leveling kit onu 2004 1500 now my upper A arms are hitting shock mount/ coil bracket do new A arms angle different or stick out further so they don't hit? I have steering knuckles off a dodge 6 in lift and they are a lot taller can I put those on which will put where upper A arms connect more level and hopefully stop hitting shock mount, any advice?
4x4 or 2wd?

Old 10-09-2023, 09:10 PM
tazdude65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prismatic
They can make for a harsh ride, throw off your alignment, and cause CV angle issues. To go 3-4 inches you really need to look into a full kit that relocates everything downward, OR, a body lift.

4x4 or 2wd?
2 wheel drive

Quick Reply: Steering knuckle question