3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with Error codes Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:55 AM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Error codes Please

Hey Guys,

After reading in a thread about malfunctioning tachs, it was suggested to hold the trip button then turn the key on toget into diagnostic mode or whatever. Upon doing so, my tach started working (incorrectly)...by that I mean, it usually sits on the 0 peg unless I really hammer it down then it'll snap up to past 4k, but as soon as I let off, back to 0, or maybe drop down to the high peg, in which case I am able to get it to snap back around to 0 by hammering it and letting off just right. Anyhow, after running the test mode, it started atleast registering as accelerating and whatnot, but was way off IMO. As while I was accelerating, it read about 1.2k, and I KNOW I wasn't babying it THAT much and still make it to 55MPH. Then once cruising, it was at about 300, I'm glad to see it doing SOMETHING now anyway, even if it is wrong. Anyway, the dash showed 2 codes when I ran the diagnostic mode. C447 and S113. Can anyone clue me in as to what these mean?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank You in Advance.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I looked into the "C" code thing for someone else not too long ago. They seem to be an '06 Ram thing. About the only thing I came up with is that the C shows a cluster error and suggests you plug in a code reader to get the P code and the number is the number of key cycles since the code tripped.

I'd head to the nearest auto parts store that does a free code read and see if it comes up with a P code for the thing...

Quick Reply: Help with Error codes Please