3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help Loud Squealing noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

sure you gotta 5.8 in that 05 1500? LOL

i would lift the rear off the ground and put it in gear and check for sounds

Old 09-03-2011, 02:20 PM
aca1999
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by weedahoe
sure you gotta 5.8 in that 05 1500? LOL

i would lift the rear off the ground and put it in gear and check for sounds

How embarassing, lol, I did not mean to put 5.8l, and I did not notice until you pointed it out. Thanks...lol.....

I will not be the one to lift it up, I'll leave that to my husband, what exactly should we be listening for???? The noise is only excessive when I accelerate, then when I get to about 20-25mph, it stoips or at least lightens. If I take my foot off the gasand coast barely anything, if I accelerate again, I hear it. It was doing it when backing up, but that is faint now. It is just a squealing over and over...Squeek, squeek, squeek... I do not want to take it to a mechanic, especially of it is something minor.

I appreciate all the feedback,my husband is Military and rarely home, and I just do not want to get screwed.....

Old 09-03-2011, 03:15 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

well the reason i say to lift the rear (also chock the front wheels) is so you can put it in gear and simulate driving it. that way you can be beside it and listen to where the sound might be coming from.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:35 PM
aca1999
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update.... So I drove my truck today and took it on the highway...It is more of a squeeking noise rather than squealing noise. It almost sounds like squeeky rubber. I stuck my head out the window under the 20mph speed when it is loudest and it sounds like it is coming from the driver side back tire or around there. It squeeks most when I accelerate. But it does squeek a little when rolling before a stop...I am clueless, I just don't want to pay someone to tell me I need tons of work. This is a great TRUCk. Extra info..it has new tires in March, new back brakes three weeks ago, new front brakes Thursday, when I first heard the noise, thinking it was the brakes, and it has 74000 miles....
I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED HELP!!!!

Quick Reply: Help Loud Squealing noise