3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel wells

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:46 PM
billbeam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheel wells

CVE,
Thanks for the info. Looks like a little project this weekend.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:16 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Weekend project?? No way! I stopped and picked up my liners and flaps on the way home tonight, dealer had them in stock. Price at the dealer is the same you will pay if you buy online if you take shipping into consideration.

Anyhow, took an hour to install both liners and all 4 flaps.

Tools required
10mm and 7mm socket *I think it was a 7
3/32 drill bit
1/4 drill bit
Phillips screw driver

The 10mm is needed to remove a bolt from just behind the rear tire on the under side of the bed. I found my 10mm socket would not fit well, but it was indeed a 10. There was paint on the bolt head preventing the socket from fitting well.

The 7mm was for the screws the hold the current plastic cover in the rear wheel well, as well for the screws to put the new liner in.

Phillips for the flaps.

3/32 to drill a couple holes for the front flaps

1/4 to drill holes for the front and rear flaps. This hole goes into the front and rear liners, not the body.

No need to remove the tires to pull this off. Although you do have to turn the front wheels a couple times. Also note... When you drill the 1/4 hole in the rear liner to attach the flap it is easier to drill through the "back side" of the liner rather than from inside the wheel well.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 AM
billbeam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have said I'll get them and install this weekend. Dealer is a pain to get to when I leave work, Parts is open Saturday morning.

Quick Reply: Wheel wells