3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 mega cab dies or won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Eagle Scout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 mega cab dies or won't start

Hello I'm new to this forum and it really nice a lot of info. But the problem I'm have with my truck is in the winter my truck will die sometimes when you make stops its not giving me any codes so I'm kinda lost any help would be great! Thank you also in the the summer it has problem starting after you run it. And lol I just put new tires on it and I lost gas milage??? Crazy it had off road tires on it and I put highway tires on it Michelins crazy??? Thank you for any help

Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eagle,

You need to post more info-----Engine, drivetrain package. It does make a difference

BTW----Welcome to the club!!!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Eagle Scout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok lol it has the 5.7 it's a 1500 4X4 and it only has 64000 miles on it

Old 09-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has it had a recent set of plugs, has the TB ever been off and cleaned. You may also need to calibrate the throttle sensor----its attached to the gas pedal on these.

If you look in the DIY section above, find Weedahoe's FSM post. You can download this for free------its the bible about your truck, and you'll understand how to approach each repair correctly-----for instance, use non chlorinated brake cleaner to clean the TB------not carb cleaner or berrymans---it'll fry the TB

Some ideas and places to look

Quick Reply: 2006 mega cab dies or won't start