3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need Help, Misfiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:08 AM
imyouradmin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need Help, Misfiring

02 Ram 1500 5.9 4x4 Quad cab
My truck has been misfiring lately, I changed the spark plugs wires, distributer cap and rotor, ran fuel injector several times. I never bothered running a code scanner on till it kept happening after we replaced everything listed above.
Problem:
When I start the truck it will sit there for about 2-3 min runs fine, after that the rpms idle down and it seems like its going to shut off, it will keep idling low for about 3 min and then kick in like almsot like it detected the problem and then corrected it, happens everytime the truck starts, obviously if I start to move after that 2-3 min of moving when I hit the gas it misfires and If I push all the way down sometimes it stalls, But like I said if I drive it after that 3 min it will be fine the rest of the travels
Codes:
I hooked up code scanner and am getting P0420 bank 1 and P0138 bank 1 and s 2.
I need help I know basic stuff.
Thanks!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
SilverStreak231
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to OBD-Codes.com. You can look up any code and what they mean.Looks like either a bad O2 sensor or bad cat.

Quick Reply: I need Help, Misfiring