3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck stalls when driving slow

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
adamcanto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck stalls when driving slow

I have a 06 ram 1500 w/ 4.7lt.

It just started stalling when I back out of a space or slow down to go over speedbumps. had BG fuel flush and new plugs but it still stalls every couple of days when driving slow or back slow

ANy thoughts? also had mech check and no codes

Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
nickbalsley04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamcanto
I have a 06 ram 1500 w/ 4.7lt.

It just started stalling when I back out of a space or slow down to go over speedbumps. had BG fuel flush and new plugs but it still stalls every couple of days when driving slow or back slow

ANy thoughts? also had mech check and no codes
Sounds very familiar. do u get the etc light to come on also. I just whent through an issue similar to what u are describing on my 08 5.7 L it started out how your describing but got a lot worse as it continued happening. i thought it was my throttle position sensor so i replaced the tb. after that didnt work i took it to a shop and had them look at it. (not a dodge dealer, they dont know how to troubleshoot all they do is replace parts and if it doesnt fix it they replace more) anyhow my mechanic whent through my truck and found a bad wire to my crankshaft position sensor which was causing everything to happen. he fixed the wiring and the truck is like new. i would start out by having someone check ur wiring.

Quick Reply: Truck stalls when driving slow