3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust system help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 PM
framer__
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question exhaust system help

hey guys im looking for a way to run true duals on my 2002 360. there is 1 o2 sensor behind the cat and im trying to figur out a way to bypass it or eliminate it. if i was to take the cat out and throw a peice of straight pipe in its place would it mess up the o2 sensor?
i know a guy that has a 2000 ram with a 360 and he has true duals and the exhaust shop he took it to just welded the sensor in the pipe where the cat would be. there are no cats just blue bottles near the rear.
basically my question is can this be done on my truck as well? or is my electrical system different?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 AM
adventurer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you have to try that but i think it will throw a code , if that happen u can use the nonfouler, read this link
http://www.esmhome.org/library/o2-se...2nonfouler.pdf

Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Put a pair of high flow cats on there. it will run better and not stink up your clothes.
Then you can put the rear O2 sensor behind one of those.

Quick Reply: exhaust system help