3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 stalls in reverse and some stops

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Galaxy1966
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 stalls in reverse and some stops

My truck just started stalling/dropping low in idle when shifting in reverse or sometimes when stopping at stop lights/signs. I did some research and changed the EGR valve because it relatively easy and cheap, but it's still doing it. Would I be correct in assuming that my PCM needs to be reflashed to try and fix the issue? I have quite a bit of mods done and it didn't really start doing it until after my cam swap when I started stacking my tuners. So I'm leaning toward that. How much does it usually run to do a reflash?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Galaxy1966
My truck just started stalling/dropping low in idle when shifting in reverse or sometimes when stopping at stop lights/signs. I did some research and changed the EGR valve because it relatively easy and cheap, but it's still doing it. Would I be correct in assuming that my PCM needs to be reflashed to try and fix the issue? I have quite a bit of mods done and it didn't really start doing it until after my cam swap when I started stacking my tuners. So I'm leaning toward that. How much does it usually run to do a reflash?
You can simply to a hard reset of the PCM, but I think you will find if you just use the tuner to bump your idle it will fix the problem...

Old 11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Galaxy1966
Amateur

It's idling around 750 right now...I'm having another issue as well, after I retune my SCT back to stock so that I can change things with my Superchips, the Superchips tells me that it's "not the original program ID" even though the SCT tune is no longer loaded. Therefore it would not let me do any adjustments or tuning at all with my Superchips. I'm not sure if just getting the PCM reflashed would help with that too or not. So I loaded the SCT back on and now at WOT my trans won't shift to the next gear it just bounces of the the rev limiter at 5900 when it should be set for 6400.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:38 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

How's your T/B? is it dirty or aftermarket?

A flash is about 1hr diagnostic labor.

Sounds like you might have stacked tunes somehow or your factory tune got lost in some manner?

Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Galaxy1966
Amateur

My T/B was recently cleaned, it's still stock not ported... I am stacking my Superchips with my SCT

Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd say your problem lies somewhere between the stacking of the two tunes. This is why I was more inclined to keeping the SC for the tranny functions but going with a standalone cam tuner instead of a 2nd plug-in tuner with a custom tune for a cam. A product like a Split Second PSC1 or ARC1 cam tuner is a LOT less headache than trying to balance two tuners or trying to troubleshoot an issue between the two...

Quick Reply: 04 stalls in reverse and some stops